Monday, May 6, 2013

11 mo






Completely Obsessed With:
dogs
remotes
destructing anything and everything (but mostly our bookshelf)
swimming
goldfish
reading
chewing on her crib
skype
throwing food
anything sweet
playing chase
airplanes
finding Dada on our picture wall
"singing"
giving kisses


Struggles With:
diaper changes
walking away from dogs
being quiet during church
keeping herself occupied for longer than 5 minutes
throwing her paci out of her crib
letting new people hold her
feeding herself using a spoon
walking
sitting still on airplane rides (or anywhere else...)
keeping her hands to herself
being "soft" to other kids


Words:
Woah - "woooooah"
Dog - "duh"
Woof - a very guttural "wuh" 
Yummy Yummy - "nunna nunna"
Dada - "dada"
Airplane - "nee-oh" 
(don't know how she came up with that one, but it's been consistent)



I just can't believe she's going to be one next mont.  ONE.  She's totally a riot, and I have an extreme love/hate relationship with all of her spunk - definitely more love than hate, but man alive the girl can scream.

I really can't wait for the day that we can get her a dog.  Thank goodness I'm not an animal hater, or this girl might find some different parents. It's almost hysterical to watch her reaction to dogs, however far away they may be -- Her body completely tenses up and fingers tighten around my shoulder as she starts yelling, "WUH WUH DUH DUH WUH!" Which inevitably is followed by a violent lunge out of my arms to get herself as close as possible to the approaching canine. 
What can I say, she loves dogs. 
 The first time she met my dog Schneider when we went home to visit, she went straight for the kiss, mouth wide open.  Don't worry - I stopped her before any damage was done.  He was kind to put up with her and even brought his wooly-man toy over to play with her, although I know he was just being polite.  He really has turned into the grumpy old thing.  As far as Eva was concerned, he loved her.

We're getting a dog.
...once we have a yard.


I really really REALLY love this Eva girl.  Being in the Bay Area has played some tricks on me, especially when I'm surrounded by so many incredibly successful women who are so skilled at what they do.  Every once in a while, I feel inadequate, like I need to be out there benefitting the human race, pushing my brian to it's limit, and proving to the world that I am a smart and capable female.  I take the next 10 minutes (usually during naptime) to brainstorm and organize my plan of action before my reality check sets in.  Stop.  I walk into Eva's room, watch her while she sleeps, and realize that I am the luckiest woman in the world.
This is the perfect job for me.




2 comments:

  1. Well stated, my girl. Motherhood IS the most challenging, humbling,important,fulfilling, rewarding "job" on the face of the planet! Baby Eva is lucky to have YOU as her amazing mommy!! Now about the dog . . . I seem to have an extra around here. Oh, that's right - first a yard:).
    Love you - Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love her! and you! and I feel inadequate sometimes too. But I feel it less often now. I'm learning. And I also tell myself that I am really young and I don't have to do it all right now. Right now my job is taking care of my babies- and they will only be babies for so long. But when our babies grow up lets totally start a business. Deal? Deal.

    ReplyDelete