Sunday, March 24, 2013

A million pictures



I'm currently listening to Eva cry herself to sleep -- the ULTIMATE form of torture for a mother.  
Since it's Sunday and I can't escape for a donut run, I guess I'll catch up on the blog to keep my mind occupied while she screams.


We've been trying to take advantage of our new area, and explore our surroundings.  We've slowly been marking off some items on our bucket list (does it still count if it's not actually written down??), and have loved these new and exciting places to visit.
Here have been some of our stops over the past few months:

MUIR WOODS
Redwoods.
We decided that next time we go to see Redwoods, we're going to see the big suckers.  We didn't find one here that we could drive through.  FAIL.
Still pretty though.






DISNEYLAND
Pathetic that these are the two pictures I have from Eva's first trip to Disneyland??  Yes.  
What can I say - my sourdough bread bowl made her the happiest girl on earth while at the happiest place on earth.  Done deal.
She actually loved her Disneyland experience despite the absence of naps and sleep from the night before. We were so happy for the excuse to visit our second family, Tay and Ashlee, and only wished we could have stayed forever.  SoCal has my heart.  Maybe one day...




SAN FRANCISCO
Thank goodness for visitors!  I've been telling myself to drive up to San Francisco and see the sights since DAY ONE here.  Having Max's mom and sister visit gave us the perfect excuse to actually get out and do it.  We need them here more often!
We loved our sunny day in SF, and can't wait to take Daddy back when work isn't keeping him quite as busy.  They don't call it "Busy Season" for no good reason.  



Can't wait for more adventures.


Just for fun...

Eva still LOVES her swings.  She's never shown an ounce of hesitation or fright while swinging, and always wants to fly higher.  Maybe she's destined to be a trapeze artist??  Didn't get it from me.  





She's growing up so fast.
Pulling herself up.
Screaming at me for more food. Always.
Giving open-mouthed kisses.
Chatting away with her 6 syllables over and over and over again.
She's funny, really.

 

Her screams have silenced, which means she's sacked, which means I'm outta here.
I always appreciate silence the most when it follows her cry.

PEACE.








2 comments:

  1. I love to hear your happening over there in CA. But I sure do miss you buttloads. Eva is growing up so fast and looking adorable as ever!! I feel ya with the screaming baby. The middle of the night tantrums are the worst..... On another note, it may just be my eyes, but that second to last picture semi reminds me of Noah. Just a little bit.

    Yours truly,
    AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVAAAA. Love this. love her. love you. I don't like her screaming but I do enjoy you blogging.

    ReplyDelete