Isn't it weird that when you have a child you just feel like they have always been in their current state? Like, I feel like Eva has always been just the way she is right now - loud and spunky and strong and climbing up couches and attacking strangers and being really hilarious with her weird faces (and noises to go along with them).
She's always been like this, right??
But then, 6 months ago she was shy and clingy and sweet and pretty quiet with cute little syllables and giggles that melted my heart on the spot and caused me to get her out of her crib no matter what time of the day or night it was.
And she had always been like that, right??
And then 3 months before that she was smiley and cuddly and napping only in my arms and wiggling and splashing in the bathtub on her back because she wasn't even close to sitting up at that time.
And she had always been like that.
But the 3 months before that, she was brand new. Perfect. And tiny. And fragile. With a raspy little cry that she rarely used. Completely dependent on me to take care of her.
And I never wanted her to change.
I love the way that my heart grows for this little girl.
With all of our family out of state, we decided to stay pretty low key as far as parties go. We threw on some party hats and let her "open" her presents which consisted of some snack cups, a bouncy ball, and a cupcake.
She loved them all. Especially the cupcake.
Happy birthday little one!




She is precious - in all her stages!
ReplyDeleteWell said, Meags! So true. That little Eva girl is one CUUUUTE child!! Sheesh! I can totally see the resemblance to Tess. Maybe that's why I think she's so cute....ha! :)
ReplyDelete