I was 15 weeks along when suddenly I woke up to an email from my friend Tay saying, "You live in Utah. You have no excuse not knowing the gender of your baby. Go to Sandy."
What is she talking about. Sometimes she is just crazy.
Not this time.
I hesitantly woke Max and softly asked if he wanted to find out the gender of our baby today. When he automatically shot out of bed, I knew the answer was yes. (I love it when he wants to do something as much as I do)
We made the appointment, twiddled our thumbs until 3 PM, and then hopped in the car.
the anticipation on the ride over
I laid on a comfy reclined bed and we saw our baby for the first time! It was awesome. I almost forgot that we were there for a gender check - I was too occupied looking at the thing that was moving inside of me. What?!?!
We both loved it.
I kept hearing Max's little giggles and squeals whenever the baby would do anything. Natuarlly, there were A LOT of giggles and squeals.
Finally the doctor brought us back to reality and asked if we wanted to know the gender. Yes. We did.
and... ... ... ...
A GIRL!!
We're having a girl!
post appointment reaction
And then we celebrated by eating a giant chipotle burrito. Yes, I ate the whole thing.
So exciting! I'm happy for you guys :) Just don't completely count on it being a girl quite yet. Didn't that happen to one of Max's relatives? Also, my brother was supposed to be a girl when they checked at 16 weeks, and a month later they caught that he was actually a boy. . . boys are hard to mistake, girls are easy ;) Will see you soon!
ReplyDeleteyessssss! you guys are the best. what a blast! (after i typed "blast" i literally thought "do people say "what a blast" any more??) (tmi?)
ReplyDeletexo