Last week Max was in Florida for 5 days for an Intern Convention (a.k.a. week long party for accounting interns), so my lovely mother flew me out to Utah with her so that I wouldn't get too bored and/or lonely over here. THANK GOODNESS! I have trouble keeping myself occupied for the 8 hours that Max is at work. A week would have been reeeeaaally stretching my limits.
Utah was so great. We started up in Logan, hanging out with Jordan, Kaitlynn, and my mom's cousin Janet. We got to watch Jordan and Kaitlynn perform in the Utah Opera Festival, and they were both outstanding, as always!
Trips with mom are the greatest for many reasons, one being the fact that we stuff ourselves silly with delicious food and treats and pretty much everything wonderful that I could ever imagine (ex: raspberry butter - DIVINE). Another great reason to vacay with mom: NAILS. She always seems to be ready for a mani/pedi when her girls are around, and this time Janet treated us to foot heaven. Thanks again Janet!
No, they aren't fingers.
We stayed in Sandy for a couple of nights after Logan, and my mom and I drove down to Provo for the job/apartment hunt. She drove me around ALL DAY. Talk about sainthood. How boring for her, but she stuck it out like a champ and even acted like she was having fun. Mom's are the best. (and Dad's too of course)
But our hard work paid off! We found an apartment!! We both agreed it was our favorite of the day, so that settled it. Max and I can't wait to move in. 2 weeks!
Still searching for a job...
I also got to hang out with my bff Katy for a bit. It brought back all of my unmarried memories of us. Namely...
trying to take the most unflattering picture of ourselves possible;
going to her lodge and taking pictures of ourselves jumping off the dock (what the? who really does this?!);
dressing up for girls-only garden parties in her backyard (complete with 4 course meals);
all of our many girls trips to Disneyland/Newport Beach;
getting matching headlamps and going camping in Utah (notice my future husband??);
etc..etc...etc... She's great.
It's great to be home with Max. He finishes his internship up this week, and we head home to AZ on Saturday! Then Portland, then Utah, ... it never ends.


I'm pretty sure the garden party pic is my fave, no wait, the 20's dress up, no wait, the jumping off the dock... awww shucks, I can't decide. Good times mimi. amos
ReplyDeleteYeah. It was pretty great to pretend like we belonged to your mother again. Just like old times. HURRY UP AND MOVE BACK HERE. Did you guys end up finding a place?
ReplyDeleteMeags! I HAD to post - sorry, I am totally stalking you. You guys are THE cutest and I didn't know you had a blog. Now I will need to check in more often. I hope we see you guys soon - my Max needs to hang with your Max. Ha ha! Loves!
ReplyDeleteMare
POST SOME DANG PICTURES OF YOUR HOUSE. Or anything.
ReplyDeleteChel