Seeing as we live down the street from Stanford Campus, we figured it was probably time to take a look around before our time here came to an end. So we did. Well, I guess this property wasn't technically "on campus," but owned by Stanford anyway. That kind of counts.
We had a walk around The Dish, and by "Dish," I'm not talking tableware here. Satellite dish. GIANT satellite dish. We've seen and awed about it from the road plenty of times, but it wasn't until last week that I realized you could actually walk around it... for 3 miles. With the beautiful weather and plentiful squirrels to keep us entertained, I was yet again converted to the area. Forget about traffic and cost of living!
There were literally thousands of squirrels along the trail. THOUSANDS. And every single time Max saw one, he would stop and get excited all over again like it was the first one. It probably added a good hour onto the walk, but what can you do? Max was kind enough to carry the camera for a while, and when I got it back, more than half of the pictures were of squirrels. I wasn't aware of this passion of his.
This week Walt heads off to Florida for work, and I'm off to Utah to find housing and a job... hopefully. Keep your fingers crossed.



Well at least now you know what you get Max for his next birthday, hardy har har...
ReplyDeleteAmos