I like coming home. I was only gone for a week, but I like coming home. I like coming home to Gilbert, and I like coming home to Menlo Park. I like coming home even if there's only 280 square feet of a home. I like coming home even if my head hits the ceiling in my home. I like coming home even though our "office" is outdoor, and not in our home. Not kidding, I love it here.
Max has an extra long weekend thanks to the birth of our country. So in celebration, we headed back to the beach! Just a little farther north this time around.
We started at Santa Cruz Beach, but then got overwhelmed by the amount of people and the screams from the roller coasters behind us. Not quite the relaxing retreat we were imagining.
BUT, we moved to a beach 10 minutes down the coast and found our own little heaven. It was perfect, even though Walt got a warning from the lifeguard for standing on the rocks. Such a daredevil.
Our original plan for the weekend was to find somewhere to camp on the coast after spending the day at the beach. We packed our tent, sleeping bags, and headlamps, and headed out to find the perfect pitching spot.
Option #1: Beautiful, but turns out it was farmland. Soft soil - would have been perfect to sleep on.
Option #2: Illegal camping, and possibility of being swallowed by the waves. Risky on both accounts.
Option #3: Also illegal, so we just sat and watched the kite-boarders for a while. Walt aspires to do that now.
Turns out every LEGAL campground was completely booked for the 4th. What were we thinking?? We camped out in our little cottage instead, and still had a blast.

Lovin the house.
ReplyDelete