Seeing as we live within a mile of both of our families, we got to spend Father's Day with both of the dad's in our lives. First half of the day with the Youngs, and the evening with the Bluth's.
Love this picture. On both accounts.
Of course the Young's were nice enough to include my birthday in their celebration. I even had a tub of Bluebell Pistachio Ice Cream - my ABSOLUTE favorite! I was thrilled. Thanks again Laurie!!
We had a total of 3 desserts - Strawberry shortcake for the man of honor, cheesecake for Laurie's upcoming birthday, and ice cream for me. This was my kind of party!
We ate good food, played games, opened presents, and all-in-all had a great time over there. The only thing missing was Weston and Jenna's family, who were all home with pink eye. We celebrated for them. Oh wait, did I mention that they didn't let me touch one single dish when it came to cleaning up? It was definitely luxury treatment.
Lauren was kind enough to teach us how to maneuver these little cars. More difficult than it looks.
Some people complain about their in-laws. All I can say is I lucked out - big time!
At my parent's house, we got to celebrate all over again. 2nd large meal of the day. Perfect.
I loved this portion of the night. My dad used his new Father's Day gift to serenade us all with musical stories about Johephus and Josiaphus and some journey that they went on or something. Weird names, but entertaining nonetheless.
I love watching my dad be a grandpa. I love watching his grandkids love him.
He's gotta be the busiest guy in the world, but never too busy to play with his grandkids.
The other day I was watching the four boys, and feeling a bit under the weather for such a rowdy bunch. My dad (who was also sick) packed them all up, took them to wash his car with him, and returned after I had taken a 2 hour nap. He's the best. Handling any 4 children in a confined space for over 30 minutes is difficult. Not for him.
It was a great day. I was in two homes where everybody loved each other. No fighting, no grudges, just love.
I'm spoiled. I never think of these situations as rare, because they shouldn't be.
Families are the best.
I am glad you are still updating your blog. I just read all of your recent posts- you guys are so cute! Keep us updated on all your California adventures. Happy late birthday sorry we missed it. Sounds like there were lots of yummy desserts to be had!
ReplyDelete