Thursday, June 23, 2011

Babies, Barbeque, Basketball, Bums, and Broccoli



So Father's Day weekend turned out to be a real PARTAY! Thanks to Chel, Shane, and Gus, we kicked it off with a backyard BBQ, complete with dogs (hot dogs that is), dunkball, and DP. Just the way we like it. Thanks again you two. This is how happy it made me...


The Babes.
I sure hope we have cute kids. Otherwise they could be outcasts.
Oh and a big thanks to Noah for eating healthy for all of us that day.





Bum.
Gus only wears speedos.


The good stuff. Shane termed this athletic masterpiece "Dunkball." He invented it. Rules: Whoever spells H-O-R-S-E first (gaining one letter per missed dunk), loses. Dunks are strongly encouraged, however normal shots are also accepted.
Sound familiar? I didn't think so.

The competitors:
Jonas opted to keep his babies alive.

And the Champion of the event........


MY HUSBAND!
Not only is he great at accounting, wakeboarding, swimming, cuddling, pivot-tables, and coming up with original pet-names, now add dunkball. Outstanding.
Boo yah he's the best! No offense Shane, Pete, and Alex. You guys did great.

Just a few more shots of the #1


After our hay-day at the BBQ, we headed home to get ready for my B-day date. Seeing as every so often my birthday falls on Father's Day, we decided to celebrate the night before.

We went to my favorite places - LGO and Yogurtland! Both were equally delicious. Walt even liked his salad at LGO. Definitely a win-win restaurant.

Walt's Usual
My Usual
After dishing ourselves generous amounts of Yogurtland, we headed to Tempe Town Lake to enjoy the pleasant AZ weather and also to celebrate the water level - this was our first visit since it was emptied.

At about 12:30 I couldn't wait any longer to give Max his "Future Father"'s Day present. I can never wait for holidays. And then after he opened his, he decided to let me open my birthday presents! Great idea. I was getting anxious/excited/yes I'm still ten years old.

He spoiled me ROTTEN!
A few months ago, I made a google doc of my wishlist to share with Walt - complete with pictures, sizes, and places to purchase. I put at least 20 items on there. I guess he didn't understand that only wanted one at a time, because now I have to recreate the google doc. Sorry, I GET to recreate it. That devil. He does way too much for me. And when I say "way too much," I really mean WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too much. I most definitely married up.

Well, seeing as this post has gotten long quickly, and I am sitting next to Walt wanting to give him my undivided attention, I must adjourn and finish the rest of the festivities tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment