Friday, May 13, 2011

Rarrrrrr

If you think this post is going to be about ferocious cats, well, you're right. But my brain works chronologically, so we'll have to start from the beginning. Bear with me.

Our main focus of the day was getting to the TIGER TEMPLE in Kanchanaburi. Unfortunately, our destination was 2 1/2 hours away (straight shot), which really meant a 14 hour public transportation nightmare (round trip). We came to our senses and hired a driver. Best decision yet.

Stop 1: WWII Cemetery
Held the bodies of POW's from WWII


Stop 2: The "Death" Bridge

This bridge was given its title due to the 100,000 POW's that died in efforts to build it during WWII.

Walt climbed over the rails and pretended to jump in. Not funny.

Walt had a particular affinity for this statue, so we hopped a couple walls to take a closer look.

Chicken or parrot?

Our first experience with street food
This baby is called a jackfruit, and it's huge. This is what it looks like from the outside.


and this is what it looks like from the inside. Tons of little compartments inside that thing.

And this is what it looks like when it's about to be skeptically eaten by Walt. He kind of liked it. I was proud of him for the attempt.

We ran into this little guy on our way out of town. Walt was so excited and kind of scared. But more excited than scared.

Stop 3: Kanchanaburi Tiger Temple. The big kitties.




I wanted to take this one home. Maybe a replacement for Schneider? Don't tell him I said that.



I leave you with this. Take a close look. WHAT THE?! Walt insists that it's breast cancer. Gross.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot BELIEVE you guys got that close to tigers! Alex is dying of envy. I'm pretty sure he used the word 'majestic' at least twice after seeing those pics.A-MAZING.
    PS- that goat's danglies are gross...

    bee

    ReplyDelete