Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cook-a-doodle-doo

So we're a bit behind on our blogging. Internet is pretty sparse, and quite honestly now that we're at the beach, it's of minimal priority!

But here's picking up where we left off.

Thai Cooking Class in Bangkok

I LOVED this day! I'm pretty sure it was one of my favorites - which is saying a lot, because every day here has been in that competition.

We went to an authentic Thai market to get all of our ingredients. The smell was... well, hardly bearable. It was really interesting though, and our guide explained the differences and importance of all the produce used in Thai cooking. Needless to say, I was enthralled.



We literally cooked everything- washed the produce, chopped it, made the coconut milk, fried everything (unfortunately on outdoor grills). So fun.
Walt making the coconut milk. He wins my award of best thai cook EVER.

Pad Thai

We made 5 courses throughout the class, and every single one was divine.

pounding the curry

eating the curry



Our cooking sensei

4 comments:

  1. Max- how are you so flexible?

    jealous.

    beanie

    p.s. i demand a family party where the two of you cook pad thai for us in large quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, looks like you guys are having so much fun~!! love your blog.

    o, it's Jenn btw. Check out my blog, my baby girl is 5 months old now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day!! I need some new recipes you will have to give us some tips when you get back. Thanks for the pictures and update.
    Laurie Young

    ReplyDelete
  4. what the heck I commented and it didn't post. Lame. I second Beanus. We need a demonstration, and I want curry. And it better be comparable to Malee's. Also, Shane bequeathed his snowboard to Walter and Gussy says he loves you and Shane won't even look at your blog because he is so jealous.

    ReplyDelete