I love this place for a lot of reasons. Lately these 2 have been sticking out:
1. Max's WAY shorter commute
2. The yard
A couple of days ago I was making dinner after Max got home from work -- at 5:40 -- when I had to drop everything I was doing to see what was causing Eva's incredibly high pitched squeals of laughter. When I walked to the back door this is what I saw:
And this is what I heard (in high pitched squealy man-baby voice):
...pat it
and roll it
and mark it with an E
and throw it in the oven for Eva and me!...
followed by bouts of high pitched squealy baby-girl laughter
My heart melted a little bit.
Eva just loves having her daddy as a playmate - a job that he is VERY well suited for. I don't know if she (or I) realizes how lucky she is that her Daddy is willing and excited to roll around in the itchy grass with her and spin her around in circles and throw her in the air and teach her how to kick balls and chase her around like a dog and many many other things that I am quite honestly too lazy and too pregnant to do. He's a good one that daddy.
In other news:
-The house is still mostly empty
-But we ordered a couch
-But it won't be here until December...
-My belly went KABOOM
-Baby girl is moving a ton
-I cooked almost every night this week
-Bee, Alex, Noah, and Clark are coming for conference weekend and we could not be more excited!!




No comments:
Post a Comment