We did it. We made our move. And even though just about all of our boxes are unpacked and everything is in its "place" I still don't feel anywhere near being settled. See, the only problem with doubling the size of our old apartment is that all of our stuff only fills up half of our new house. Lots of empty space around here, but hey, it's SPACE. And I'll take it. And maybe I'll order a couch and a few chairs and cabinets and rugs while Max goes out of town this weekend to take care of this empty space...... MAYBE... but no promises.
Eva has adapted pretty well to the new house (judging by her 8 am wake-up time - hallelujah!) and especially loves taking advantage of our new backyard (judging by her nonstop yelling to go "[out]side" all day long.) She's officially acquainted with the new layout and loves doing little tap dances all over the wood floor which we hear loud and clear -- at least I never have to wonder where she is
All in all she's been a trooper for this past week. So many changes, and 3 new teeth on top of that! A big thanks to Wreck it Ralph and mealtimes for keeping her occupied.
I'm telling you though, my body is ready for a good long week at the spa, and I hardly lifted a thing. I swear my body has aged 65 years with this pregnancy, and poor Max has to listen to all of the annoying complaints about my "achin' back." Thank goodness for incredibly kind friends and neighbors who came to the rescue and got us moved-in in no time.
We owe you.



No comments:
Post a Comment