Last week my friend Tay saved me from three days of boredom that I seem to experience while Max is at work. Monday AM, I set our for San Diego to visit her and her baby Lulu. It was so fun seeing them, even though Lulu didn't love me like I thought she should love her mother's bff. Thanks a lot Lulu. Don't worry, I still think you're cute. One day you'll like me.
I couldn't believe how fast two (or three when Ashlee joined in) adult women could regress back into our childhood mindsets - laughing hysterically at things that ARE NOT funny, eating dirty Mexican food like it's my last meal, and talking about oddities that we've known about our ENTIRE lives but acting like we just discovered them (tailbones, etc...).
Tay's sister Ashlee and all of her kiddos were there too, which was a HUGE added bonus! I babysat those kids for like 5 years or something crazy like that. I go through some major withdrawals, and this was the perfect fix.
On Saturday, Max and I headed up to the city - San Francisco that is. We've been wanting to go the entire time we've been here, and last weekend gave us the perfect opportunity. We drove up there in the morning (only a 40 minute commute on the weekend), ate a fabulous breakfast, explored the EXPLORATORIUM, looked at Alcatraz from a safe distance (avoided all possible ghost encounters), watched the windsurfers and sailboats, went house hunting through the hills of SF, possibly fell in love with a 12 million dollar home (no big deal), etc etc etc...
It was a perfect day. I loved the city and loved my travel companion.
fun! I want to explore SF with you guys!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to tell you that Lulu is finally warming up to people and not liking me as much...
Cute pics.
You are the best.
Love your guts.
Hi Max.
So what exactly does the round red badge on Max's shirt say? The pics of Tay & Ashlees girls are so cute. Glad you are finding ways to have fun! Can't wait to be in Utah with you next week when Max is in Florida! Love you, MOM
ReplyDeleteUmm, Ashlee's little girl is so grown up! Holy Moley! And it took me a minute to realize that you and Maxamillion were standing behind tricked out glass and I thought, "Now something here is off...", turns out it was me. HA!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, next time you're down we are going to Sunsplash at night all together. You will be forever changed.