Walter here...just wanted to point out that our hotel is right across from PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
Let me just start off by saying this - I AM SWEATING BUCKETS OVER HERE
Had to get that off my chest. It's humid like crazy and that means two things:
1. My hair is more of a disaster than usual
2. My already overactive sweat glands are in high gear.
I see people on the streets wearing full jeans, acting like everything is normal, even happy and smiling. Maybe it's because they're a lot smaller than me. Yeah, that's why they still look beautiful and pleasant after a short jaunt outside, and I look like Schneider after he gets out of the pool (AWFUL). Or a drown lion. Oh wait - a drown lion with a dry mane. Anyway, humidity doesn't do me good. Hopefully I'll adapt soon.
Enough of that.
We decided on the plane that we were going to try to acclimate to the time difference during the 14 hour flight, rather than wasting our whole first day napping and catching up on sleep, and ultimately throwing off our nightly sleep schedules for the next 4 nights. As far as sleeping on the plane, it didn't really happen. Regardless, we superglued our eyelids open, and kept moving on our arrival day. This is what we did...
We started off by checking out our hotel and we found this...
A tennis court! On the roof of the third floor of our hotel. Cool. Right in the middle of the city.
This came in handy later in the afternoon when we got lost, and made our way back by watching the giant black building that looks like a computer chip. Good work Walt.
We weaved around the streets in the back of this little beauty. Called a "tuk tuk."
We kind of got scammed into getting in, but hey, for only a buck and a trip to some tailor's shop, we got a ride to our park. It was quite the experience.
Finally we took a trip to Lumphini Park. It really did remind me of central park. Crazy how scenery like this exists in the middle of a giant urban area.


And how could I forget about the Monitor Lizards at the park?? This is Walt's favorite part of the trip thus far (if you couldn't tell from his last post). He followed them around for probably thirty minutes, and said that he would be okay if we had to go back to America now - the lizards made his trip. I seriously had no idea what it was. Drawing from previous experiences, I was guessing either gila monster, marine iguana, or dinosaur.
We somehow made our way back home on foot while walking through a lot of different (aka NASTY) smells, jumped in the pool, and managed to stay awake until 6:45 PM. Quite the day.
Happy Mother's Day!!

This is Louie - I love your pictures! I miss you guys! I hope you have fun! I hope max does not get trampled by an elephant i love you.
ReplyDeletelove
Lauren young
Hello!! We love your pictures! It sounds and looks like you are having an adventure already. It is still hard to believe that you are really over there.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom