Sunday, March 25, 2012

BOOM




This is my typical view whenever I set my gaze downward:
Walt is literally attached to my stomach.
-When he hugs me, he bends in half to get as much tummy contact as possible. And he hugs me a lot.
-The past few mornings I've woken up to Walt tickling my stomach while he was still asleep.
-His hands are ALWAYS on my expanding midsection, and I love it (as long as he doesn't touch my bellybutton). Side note - Does anybody else hate their bellybutton being touched?? I feel like my innards are being poked. Yuck. Makes me squirmish.
-He talks to baby more than he talks to me, and whenever I go to do something, he makes me ask baby if she wants to do it first. Out loud. Even if we're in public. It was embarrassing at first.
-He squeals whenever I stand up and he sees the baby bump (which then results in him running to me and doing his "bent in half hug")
-I showed him our baby registry, and the one thing he fell in love with was a shower caddy. He brought it up 4 times during church today. 4 times. He giggled every time.

I couldn't ask for a better "baby daddy." He already loves her so much.

His hands. Complete contact. 24/7.


So yes, baby has emerged, as you can see by the belly. She (meaning I) gets bigger every day. EVERY DAY. Not the most pleasant sensation, but she's so worth it.

We're so excited to be parents. Our pillow talk lasts for at least an hour every night, and always revolves around baby and our future family stories. I feel like we already have memories of our first family vacation. And we've already experienced baby's first bath (using the shower caddy of course). And remember that time she pooped on you???
Yeah, sometimes we get a little carried away.
I don't know if we can make it through these last two months.
We're waiting, waiting, waiting... waiting... ... waiting... ... ... ...
May can't come soon enough.



5 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!! finally we have pictures and you finally look pregnant! So exciting! you look adorable. love love love it. babies are so much fun! I can't wait until May either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing girl! i wish i looked that cute & i'm only 15 weeks! lol. can't wait to see how cute she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your having a baby!!!!!!!?! Congratulations! You look beautiful, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, you LOOK AMAZING! Can you say Maternity model? I'm going to pretend I never saw these pictures for my own self-esteems sake. Also, Walt is cute, I can't wait to see you guys as parents! This Summers going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, i just stumbled across your blog and i just had to say that your little baby belly is just so perfect!! and it's adorable that your man wants to be connected to your belly 24/7 ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete