Thursday, July 14, 2011

Red Eyes



I didn't sleep well last night.
I don't know what my problem is with being scared of things that I can't see. But it's a big problem, and has been since I was little.
Walt and I were laying in bed, trying to go to sleep, when all of a sudden I hear a quick, syncopated tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap etc... I dismissed it as Walt tapping his fingers, until he sat straight up and said one word, "RATS." Ahhhhhh that was the end of sleep for me. My ears were on extra-alert for the rest of the night as I listened to them scurry up our wall and around our ceiling. Gross. Not soothing. Just gross. And scary.
Again, why the concern for something that (1) I can't see, and (2) I'm a hundred times bigger than. Thank goodness for big strong men (Walt) who take care of things like shutting the windows and turning off lights because I refuse to to leave the safety zone of my bed.

On a better note... look at this gem that we found!
I love this thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment