Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jet Lagged

Oh the repercussions of travel.
We have officially been home for 3 days, and the latest I've slept in is 3:00 AM. This morning I made it to 1 AM. I go in 4 hour increments, usually something like 10 PM-2AM, and then from 8 AM-Noon. Sure, I'm a little thrown off.
The past few mornings I've been catching up on all my favorite Disney movies, but this morning I was too lazy to choose one, and I'm kind of getting sick of movies anyways. So as I was sitting on the couch, staring at a blank TV, thinking about how bored I would be until I could fall back asleep, it dawned on me. I'll finish our trip postings. Perfect.

So here are a few snippets of the remainder of our travels.


Ko Phi Phi, Thailand

The most beautiful beach I have EVER been to. And I've been to my fair share.

No editing here. This is the actual color of the water. Incredible.

We were surrounded by limestone cliffs jetting out of the water.

The preferred (and only) mode of transportation.

And of course more monkeys. They even had their own beach.



Ubud, Bali, Indonesia

Bike Tour!

Breakfast overlooking one of Bali's numerous volcanoes.

Tiered rice paddies. We rode by these for probably 80% of our journey. It almost made me forget about how uncomfortable my seat was.

The Banyan Tree. It looks harmless...
... until it spits one of these suckers out on you. Gives me the willies.

And the last stop of the day, Monkey Forest.
These ones were a little more touchy-feely than the previous encounters.

So many forest creatures.

And this is where we slept. Completely protected by plywood and padlock.


Sengigi, Lombok, Indonesia
(a.k.a., Paradise)

Now this is how to honeymoon.

Breakfast in bed,

relaxing by the ocean,

and beautiful sunsets.

Blissful.


Kuta, Bali, Indonesia

We tried out surfing in Lombok, so Max rented a board in Kuta to try out some bigger waves. I wasn't so daring, so I rented a board and an instructor. Great decision.

Sunscreen issues.


My list of to-do's now that we're home:

1. Make up for all the missed Mexican Food
2. Go to an American Thai restaurant to restore my love for Thai food (I like it better here, it's crazy how different it is over there)
3. Eat ice cream at least once a day
4. Get on a normal time schedule (not looking too good)

yes I do realize that 75% if these have to do with food


No comments:

Post a Comment