Luckily, we walked in the right direction through the campus; however, after walking for a little bit without finding it we asked a policeman where we could find the church, naturally he had no idea what we were saying. So I drew a simple chapel with a cross on top on our map and pointed to it. I think he understood somehow and pointed us in the right direction. We arrived slightly late as the sacrament hymn was being sung. The ward members were all very accommodating handing us a hymn book written in thai and helping us to our seats. I really enjoyed it despite the fact that the only words we understood were Jesu Crit and Amen. There were 4 elders in the ward. We spoke with one afterwards.
Meagan and I both were able to practice learning thai with the members as the bishop came up and spoke to us with one of the elders...very little was understood between us and the ward members.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGeese sorry Brin was helping me type and that last post was probably written in Thai. Anyways what I was saying was I am so glad your posting & keep it up!! The lizards are nasty I would die if I saw something like that just hanging out on the lawn. Have fun & post lots
ReplyDeleteYou two are so great. Please keep posting, especially pictures!!! Walt, my favorite one of you - the bathtub. So Walt. And you are looking huge! Way to go! How much? 190 yet? And Meagan you are as beautiful as ever of course. Take care of Walt please. Haha love you two!
ReplyDeleteCory
Those lizards are HUGE!!! Do they bite? Attack?? Don't get too close! You are having quite the experience. I hope more people speak English in Greece!We had a great Mother's Day gathering - missing you, but glad you are having such an interesting experience. Stay safe! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteso I'm going to fess up, I thought that you misspelled and I thought it was called a "monster"not "monitor" lizard. my bad, but I think monster is more appropriate cause holy hannah, those things are creepy. mag - good luck with the sweating.
ReplyDeleteAlso, every time I come to your blog I immediately start singing Mulan in my head...curse you two for this blog title!
ReplyDeleteBee
'mysterious as, the dark side of, THE MOON'
ummmmm - whose turn is it to write, because it has been two days now for you! We are all experiencing Thailand vicariously through you two:).
ReplyDelete